Stamatis Vellis, the former president of Greek football club Apollon Smyrnis, spent two hours in front of the interrogator and according to SDNA’s sources he testified “shocking things” regarding the “criminal organization” in the ranks of Greek professional football.
Vellis talked with details about things and events he experienced while he was president of Apollon Smyrnis, when the club played in the Super League. The interrogator asked Vellis about everything the latter had testified to Mr. Aristeidis Koreas (assistant district attorney who is investigating the case) and also asked some extra questions regarding things he find out about through his investigation.
For this case, there have been prosecutions in the degree of felony for:
1) Three members of the Directors’ Board of EPO (Greek Football Federation)
2) One former member (high-ranked) of the Directors’ Board of EPO.
3) Two former members of KED (Central Committee of Refereeing – the committee responsible for the assignment of referees in games).
4) Three active referees of Super League.
5) Two presidents of Super League teams.
6) Five other individuals, reportedly members of jurisdictional bureau/offices of EPO.